BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Father's Day


On May 15th Rob decided to write an essay for the Golf Channel's Father's Day Dream Trip in which the Grand Prize winner along with their father would go to the TaylorMade Kingdom and get fitted for new equipment and receive Taylormade golf balls, a round of golf with a professional and of course get to go to the U.S. OPEN! His essay made the top 5 finalists, but he didn't win the Grand Prize. He still won a golf bag, balls, driver, etc. for him and his Dad which I think turns out to be about $1,400. Here's the essay he submitted:

Dad stood behind me as I approached the ball. “Keep your head down, take a deep breath, relax; you’ll be fine”, he said. Everything went quiet and numb; my gaze shifted to a focused stare as the club drew back effortlessly. For an instant, everything froze. Then the club came whistling forward connecting with a deafening explosion. I blinked and looked around the tent. Soldiers sat huddled as mortars rained down. “What do I do?” I thought to myself. Then a reassuring voice echoed through my mind. “Keep your head down, take a deep breath, relax; you’ll be fine.”

0 comments: